We are currently actively looking to fill the following positions – May 2017
Architectural Designer – Project Manager with Residential Design Build Co.
Weitzer Company is seeking an experienced Designer-Project Manager who is competent in leading remodel and construction projects from initial client inquiry, through design, estimating and specification to the completed built project. We primarily design and build residential projects with occasional commercial projects.
Weitzer Company is a tightly knit very experienced Design Build team. Our subcontractors are well vetted professionals and are considered a part of our team. We are in our 25th year of delivering renovation, remodel and new construction service to Portland and surrounding area residents. We take pride in our proven ability to create artful, livable, lasting spaces and strong client relationships.
About the Position
The role of the Project Manager / Designer position is to guide projects of all sizes from prospect through to completion. Beginning with a client inquiry, the project manager will direct projects through a design and estimating process, leading it to a construction contract. During the construction phase the project manager works with our team, interacts with the client and oversees the progress of the project to assure client satisfaction and overall positive outcome of the project financially and qualitatively.
- As-built drawings and existing conditions documentation
- Concept development and 3-D Model rendering as necessary to convey ideas
- Construction drawing production and coordination with engineer
- Work with production manager to establish accurate estimates
- Material, subcontractor and product research, ordering, and managing
- Client relations and communication
- Record keeping, change orders and invoicing
- Ability to draft in CAD and experience with working drawings for Clients and Carpenters
- In depth understanding of residential remodeling and construction
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Skilled in CAD, Excel and Word
- Able to problem solve client, design and construction issues quickly and ethically
We love what we do. If your skills are exceptional and you feel you would enjoy working in a friendly professional environment that fosters outstanding work and clients that love us, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must provide a resume AND references to be considered.
Weitzer Company is a well-established and successful design-build contractor.
We are always seeking highly experienced individuals to complement our excellent remodeling teams.
Our company is innovative, creative and positive. We work with the highest integrity and expect the same from our applicants.
- Must be Honest, dependable and presentable
- Minimum of 5 years remodeling, framing and finish carpentry experience
- Motivated with strong communication skills
- Able to read blueprints and written instructions
- Must have vehicle, (Truck or Van preferred) valid ODL, current vehicle insurance required
- Appropriate carpenter’s hand and power tools
- Shop experience a plus
Compensation is competitive and dependent on experience
Medical & Dental benefits after probationary period. 401k available after 1 yr
We are an equal opportunity employer
To be considered, please reply with your resume and professional references
We look forward to hearing from you.